15 FOODS that prevent heart attacks – Bonus: A special drink for healthy blood vessels (at the end of article)
1.Fatty fish – Salmon, mackerel, herring, haddock, and other fatty fish decreases the risk of arrhythmia and atherosclerosis. It’s best to eat them 2-3 times a week.
2. Oatmeal – Rich in fiber, it decreases the levels of “bad” cholesterol and improves digestion. Coarse oatmeal is the healthiest.
3. Dark chocolate (minimum of 60-70% cocoa) Helps normalize blood pressure and fight inflammations and blood clotting.
4. Berries – Blueberries, and strawberries are very good at lowering blood pressure and dilating blood vessels.
5. Nuts contain protein fibers that help the heart. They also have vitamin E that helps decrease the levels of “bad” cholesterol.
6. Extra virgin olive oil
Just a couple of spoons a day will lower the “bad” cholesterol levels and sugar in your blood.
7. Red wine – Help reduce fat deposits in your blood vessels and assists in detoxification and weight loss. Should be consumed in moderation.
8. Green tea – Just one cup a day stops the formation of cholesterol plaques. Moreover, green tea boosts metabolism and helps you fight excess weight.
9. Broccoli and spinach Contain lots of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They activate the heart and normalize blood pressure. Also rich in fiber. Decreases the “bad” cholesterol levels and helps clear the arteries. Rich in useful fats.
10. Avocado – Decreases the “bad” cholesterol levels and helps clear the arteries. Rich in useful fats.
11. Pomegranate – Contains antioxidants, lowers blood pressure, normalizes blood circulation, and increases hemoglobin levels.
12. Cinnamon – Fights heart diseases and atherosclerosis. It also boosts metabolism and helps you lose weight.
13. Watermelon Plays an important role in vascular health. Stabilizes the cholesterol levels and contains antioxidants.
14. Garlic – Dilates the vessels, lowers blood pressure, alleviates vasoconstriction, and prevents atherosclerotic plaques from appearing.
15. Apples and pears – Rich in fiber that helps your heart. They normalize “..11 blood circulation and are a cheaper and more readily available alternative to pomegranates.
Bonus: A special drink for healthy blood vessels
- Ginger juice – 250 ml
- Garlic puree – 250 ml
- Lemon juice – 250 ml
- Apple cider vinegar – 250 ml
- Honey – 5 tbsp
Mix all the ingredients except for the honey, and cook on medium heat for 30 minutes. Stir continuously. Take it off the heat, and cool it completely. Add honey, mix, and pour the mixture into a clean bottle. You can store this drink in the fridge for 1 to 2 months.
Take 1 tbsp of this drink every morning on an empty stomach.
Garlic and honey reduce blood pressure and level of cholesterols; ginger prevents heart diseases; lemon regulates heartbeats; apple cider vinegar removes toxins from the body.